August 22, 2009

2012

So... apparently the world is ending in 3 years. I may be the only one on the planet that is intrigued by this thought... but judging by the results on google when I type in "2012 Maya," thousands of hits come up. Dialogue on this has been going on for a while. There is a quite convincing argument for why human existence as we know it will change in December of 2012. I'm just beginning the search for credibility on the Mayan calendar which has "predicted" other major events.

I find this incredibly fascinating. If any of you have done research on the topic, I'd love to hear your thoughts. In the meantime, I guess just rack up the credit card bills, buy big houses, and take grand vacations... only make sure you put off the payments until 2012. You will either be a really happy camper when the time comes (knowing you lived life to the fullest before the black hole sucked you in)... or for 3 years you had the time of your life... and you will be paying for it for the many years to come.

Whatever happened to "not knowing the time or the place"? I think I like that better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear your responses to this...keep me posted. Vonda