September 22, 2009

Visitors from Slovakia

Dobrý deň, vitajte do Jeruzalema, Maria a rodinu!

(Hello, welcome to Jerusalem Maria and family!)

Yesterday I received a phone call at 6:30 am, "Shantra, you know wall of cry?"

I sleepily made the connection, "Yes..."

"We are on our way there now, can you meet us?"

I rolled out of bed and began the trek to the wall.

The phone call came from a previous Slovak student of mine named Maria. It had been 3 years since I had seen both her and her family! When I lived in Slovakia teaching 5th-9th grade Conversational English, Maria's family welcomed me in. They poured out wonderful Slovak hospitality while I was there and they even taught me how to make one of the finest Slovak foods- Langosh!

Our reunion at the Western/ Wailing wall was wonderful! We walked arm in arm around the plaza catching up on life. I just could not wipe the smile off of my face. It sure was good to meet up with them again. A couple of weeks ago some friends from England stopped by while on a cruise through the Mediterranean! I hadn't seen Scottie and Andrea since Colorado! Oh, being around the "sweetness" of friends and those you care about is such a good thing!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that God is Blessing you with loved ones that faraway from home-how amazing is that. We are getting a new computer in a week or so and it has a camera so you will be able to see us......
((((hugs))))
Vonda